You may find yourself daydreaming about places you want to visit this summer with your family. Your big family vacation is probably already booked by now – but what about some fun day trips right here in Central Pennsylvania? If you are from the Lancaster, PA region, you are blessed to live in a beautiful location that is just a hop, skip and a jump away from a number of adventurous, fun and historical attractions that will keep your whole family entertained.
So, grab some snacks, get your road trip playlist ready and load up the family for a fun-filled adventure!
Here are some local places to add to your “Must Visit” list this summer:
- Wolf Sanctuary (Lititz, PA) – For nearly 40 years, gray wolves and wolf-dogs have been rescued and given a home in Speedwell Forge. These wolves have more than 80 acres of woodland to explore in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country. Originally started as a private rescue, the Wolf Sanctuary of PA has now grown into an educational facility with guided tours. Your admission and gift shop purchases directly benefit the well-being and enrichment of all the rescued wolves.
- Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire (Manheim, PA) – Travel back in time to a 16th Century English village right here in Central PA! The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, just fifteen minutes north of Lancaster, features 35 acres of jousting knights, costumed characters, dancers and music representing the time period, a number of live shows and delicious foods and brews. Plan this day trip for late summer/early fall, as the Renaissance Faire is only open August through November.
- Hershey Attractions – Even if you’re a Pennsylvania native and have been to Hershey before, it never gets old! Take the kids to enjoy the amusement park rides and boardwalk water fun at Hersheypark; sample yummy chocolate and see how it’s made at Chocolate World; take a trolley ride through historic Hershey, PA and so much more! Hersheypark will even be launching 15 all-new experiences and attractions this summer.
- Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) – Have young children who are eager to burn off some steam and have lots of fun? Why not take them to Dutch Wonderland – a family-friendly amusement park geared just towards kids. Spend the day enjoying over 35 rides, attractions and live shows with your family. Having so much fun and want to extend your stay? You can “camp the day away” at Old Mill Steam Campground or the brand-new Cartoon Network Hotel, both located next to Dutch Wonderland.
- Little League Baseball World Series (Williamsport, PA) – Who wouldn’t like a fun, relaxing and free outdoor event to enjoy with their kids before the craziness of a new school year begins? Just two hours away from Lancaster is Williamsport, PA – the home of the Little League Baseball World Series. Your kids will enjoy watching some incredible baseball consisting of teams from around the world! You don’t want to miss this iconic American pastime come late August 2020.
- Pennsylvania Grand Canyon (Wellsboro, PA) – Part of the Tioga State Forest, the PA Grand Canyon is a scenic wonder. Featuring steep canyon walls, waterfalls and trails, your whole family will enjoy exploring our very own “Grand Canyon” right here in Pennsylvania. The Pine Creek Rail Trail is a converted railroad bed in the PA Grand Canyon and is recognized as one of the ten great places to take a bike tour in the world!
- Indian Echo Caverns (Hummelstown, PA) – Impress your kids by visiting a historic limestone cave (which is over 440 MILLION years old!) that used to be the home of the Susquehannock Indians. The caverns served as a refuge for the Native Americans during inclement weather – especially because of the constant 52° temperature inside. See nature’s underground beauty and the remarkable results of erosion firsthand.
- Philadelphia Attractions – Whether you’re a fan of the epic Rocky movie series or want to visit historical landmarks, Philadelphia is a perfect day trip for you and your family. From running up the 72 stone steps that lead up to the Philadelphia Museum of Art (commonly referred to as the “Rocky Steps”), visiting the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall to exploring various museums and supporting the arts – a visit to Philadelphia will not disappoint!
- Beaches (NJ, DE, MD) – Are you and your family ready to catch some rays and ride the waves? If so, we are blessed to only be a few hours away from a number of beaches throughout the New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland coasts. From family (and dog) friendly beach towns like Bethany and Rehobeth (both in Delaware) to boardwalks to explore in Ocean City (New Jersey and Maryland), you’re sure to have some fun in the sun!
Summer is a time where we want to be spontaneous and get up and go to the beach, go for a hike, ride some thrilling roller coasters, explore a new landmark, or visit a new place. Make sure your car is in tip-top shape now to get you where you want to go on a whim this summer. CNM Auto Repair, located in Lancaster, PA, can help you do just that.
Trust our service experts to repair and maintain your vehicle for years to come. We provide a number of automobile services and offer various amenities to our valued customers. Call us at (717) 397-1497 to schedule an appointment or you can also contact us to schedule online – just click here!